David L. Reichert
Mr. Reichert is a native of Louisville and graduated from St. Xavier High School. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in political science from the University of Louisville, cum laude, with a concentration in policy analysis, and he is a 1990 graduate of the University of Michigan Law School, one of the country's top law schools.
Prior to joining Valenti, Hanley & Robinson, he worked with the Kentucky Department of Financial Institutions where he served as staff attorney for five years and then as its general counsel for over five years. In that capacity, he directed the agency's eight-member legal staff and represented the Department in its regulation of various financial services industries including banking, credit unions, securities, mortgage lending, consumer lending, money transmission and payday lending. In addition, he served as general counsel to the Commonwealth's Department of Housing, Buildings and Construction and its related boards and committees in the licensing and regulation of various trades such as electricians, plumbers, and HVAC contractors as well as being legal counsel to the State Fire Marshal. He has also served as counsel to the Department for Charitable Gaming . During his time with state government, he served as the agencies' legislative liaison where he was successful in drafting and getting numerous pieces of legislation enacted.
Before his service in state government, Mr. Reichert practiced at Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs, one of the region's largest and most respected firms. As a member of that firm's General Business Group, he primarily practiced corporate and securities law. His corporate practice included entity formation and reorganizations, shareholder disputes, employment issues, commercial contract issues as well as mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. His securities practice included initial public offerings, SEC filings, and state law compliance as both issuer and underwriter's counsel. His current practice focuses broadly on the financial services industry and regulatory compliance.
He currently resides in Crestwood with his wife and two children.
Areas of Practice
- 10% Administrative
- 25% Banking and Finance
- 20% Business Formation and Transactions
- 25% Regulatory Compliance
- 20% Securities
- 10% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Kentucky, 1990
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 1990
- The University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- J.D. - 1990
- University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky
- B.S. cum laude - 1987
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Policy Analysis
- St. Xavier High School
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Kentucky Dept. of Financial Institutions, General Counsel, 2008 - 2013
- Kentucky Dept. of Financial Institutions, Staff Attorney, 1999 - 2005
- Kentucky Dept of Housing, Bldgs and Construction, General Counsel, 2005 - 2008
- Department of Charitable Gaming, Counsel, 1995 - 1999
- Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs, Associate, 1990 - 1995
- Legislative Activity