John E. Hanley
- Member, 1997
John E. Hanley is a native of Louisville, Kentucky. He attended Saint Xavier High School and obtained his undergraduate and law degrees from nationally ranked Georgetown University, located in Washington, D.C. After graduating from law school, he began his career with the regional law firm, Greenebaum Doll & McDonald, PLLC.
In 1997, Mr. Hanley teamed with Michael A. Valenti to form the law firm now known as Valenti Hanley PLLC.
Mr. Hanley primarily serves as outside general counsel for a number of businesses located in Kentucky and advises them on a host of legal issues. Mr. Hanley devotes the rest of his practice to civil litigation for both the plaintiff and defendant with an emphasis on general business litigation & employment litigation.
During the course of his career, Mr. Hanley has obtained significant experience in both State and Federal Courts and has litigated hundreds of cases.
In litigating matters, Mr. Hanley’s first goal for any client is aggressive representation but with an eye on the economics at stake in the matter. Mr. Hanley strives to achieve quick, economic, and satisfactory resolution to any dispute before engaging in full blown litigation. If a matter is not able to be resolved at the outset, he stands ready to litigate a matter to judgment.
Mr. Hanley is also active in the community having served on the board of directors of the following organizations: the Kentucky Derby Museum, the Beacon House, Big Spring Country Club, Actors Theatre of Louisville, and the Louisville Bar Association. Mr. Hanley is also a member of Holy Trinity parish where he has coached girls basketball for many years.
Areas Of Practice
- Business Law
- Equine Law
- Business & Commercial Law
- Uniform Commercial Code
- Business Organizations
- Directors' & Officers' Liability
- Limited Liability Companies
- Employment Law -- Employer
- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Law
- Litigation & Appeals
- Kentucky, 1994
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 1994
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 1994
- Georgetown University, Washington, District of Columbia
- A.B. - 1990
- Saint Xavier High School 1982-1986, Valedictorian
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisville Bar Association, Member, Board of Directors, 2007 to 2009
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member, 1994
- City of Glenview Hills, Commissioner, 01/2010 to 01/2012
Past Employment Positions
- Greenebaum Doll & McDonald, PLLC (nka Bingham Greenebaum Doll, LLP), Associate, 1994 to 1996
Pro Bono Activities
- Actors Theatre of Louisville, past member of the Board of Directors
- Member, Holy Trinity Parish, Present
- Legal Aid
- Beacon House, past member of the Board of Directors, Present
- Big Spring Country Club, past member of the Board of Directors, Present
- Kentucky Derby Museum, Member of the Board of Directors, Present