Both Creditors And Debtors Have Rights
Creditors’ and debtors’ rights are complicated areas of law, requiring sophisticated representation from a highly skilled attorney. At Valenti Hanley PLLC, we skillfully and efficiently represent the interests of creditors and those seeking legal assistance in collecting debt and enforcing their rights. Our lawyers have substantial experience prosecuting and defending commercial claims.
Everyone Deserves To Be Paid What They Are Owed
Our creditors’ rights practice places an emphasis on the collection of secured and unsecured debt. Clients regularly rely on us for representation in legal matters, including:
- Foreclosure (both real and personal property)
- All aspects of bankruptcy (Chapters 7, 11 and 13)
- Breach of contract litigation
- Suits to collect unsecured debts
- Foreclosure and enforcement of mortgages, security interests, and other liens on real and personal property
- Enforcement of money judgments through discovery, garnishment, levies and executions
- Repossession/replevin actions
- Evictions and other landlord-tenant disputes
- Defense of lender liability claims
- Claims under real estate title insurance policies
- Boundary disputes
As a law firm, we have access to a variety of debt collection tools. We practice ethical, practical debt collection that prioritizes our clients’ needs and protects them from liability.
The Right To Manage Your Debt Through Bankruptcy
We represent clients in nearly all aspects of Chapter 7, Chapter 11 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy in the following ways:
- Representation of secured, unsecured and administrative priority creditors in Chapters 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy proceedings
- Representation of trustees and unsecured creditors’ committees
- Filing proofs of claims
- Stay and abandonment motions
- Prosecution and defense of preference and fraudulent conveyance claims
- Purchase and sale of assets pursuant to Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code
- Representation of landlords to compel assumption/rejection of leases and other executory contracts
- Nondischargeability proceedings
- Motions to dismiss
- Disclosure statements and plans of reorganization or liquidation
- Objections to confirmation
Our clients include large, sophisticated creditors such as banks and equipment finance and leasing companies. We also regularly represent individuals and smaller businesses.
We Can Help You Develop A Successful Plan Of Action
We have the skill and perspective necessary to provide a knowledgeable plan of action as you approach the collections process. We will make sure that all proper steps are taken to protect your interests and recover what you are owed. Learn more by getting in touch with a member of our team today.